Demo Version limitations:
- Non-commercial only
Network data is not encoded
(not even data send to the website, if you have setup a website for your queue)
- Some tools are not allowed to start in standalone mode
- The rrCloudManager is disabled.
- 4 clients only
How to install (short overview):
- Check the Requirements page first.
- Choose any workstation in your company and extract the zip file to any temp folder.
- Execute rrSetup_linux, rrSetup_win or rrSetup_osx (depending on the OS your workstation is running.
No matter which one you choose, it installs applications for all operating systems.
- Further/detailed information how to setup a basic test and a permanent installation are
via the RR help files
or via the Royal Render installation video: https://youtu.be/x7OuY6fxS3A
How to Update:
- An update it pretty simple.
In a nutshell:
Do NOT shutdown any RR application.
Download the updater and execute it.
For more information, please read our help page Update RR.
- macOS has some security restrictions.
At first, the extracted folder must not be in your default Downloads folder.
Copy it to any other directory.
- Then we cannot include the macOS setup app within the main zip package.
After you have downloaded and extracted the main installer package, please download the separate rrSetup_mac.zip.
Copy the rrSetup_mac.zip into the already extracted main package, right beside the rrSetup_win and rrSetup_lx.
Double-click on it to extract it in place.