3rd Party Renderer
Please disable "adjust resolution" and double the width yourself in the render settings.
There is a bug in VRay with the region settings if you want to use the Tile Frame feature of RR.
VRay will half the region pixel coordinates at render time.
Therefore you have to save the scene, double the width a second time, then submit it WITHOUT saving.
At last, load your old scene again before you continue to work.
E.g. your original resolution was 1920 x 1080.
With side-by-side stereoscopic, your render settings should be 3840 x 1080.
At submission, RR should get the resolution 7680 x 1080.
GI Irradiance map
You can render your Irradiance maps via Royal Render.
Please verify that you have done these steps in your 3dsmax scene
- Enable GI for VRay
- Set the engine to "Irradiance maps"
- Irradiance map mode "Animation (prepass)"
- Used the Save button to set an output name
Then choose the "new" submit function from the RRender menu.
After submission, you can change your render setting to "animation/render" and open the submitter again via the RRender menu.
Choose "wait for jobs" at the lower right of the rrSubmitter and select your prepass job.
There is no need to save two seperate scenes or to wait.
Just be sure you have chosen the same filename for "Animation (prepass)" and "Animation (render)".
VRay does not display the .vrmap file name that it creates in the the"Animation (prepass)" mode.
The file name displayed is only used for "Animation (render)".
Corona is licensed via a file in your users Appdata folder.
As RR changes the folder, you have to copy your the Corona folder from C:\Users\[yourUser]\AppData\Local\... to C:\RR_localdata\SysUserPrefs\A\AppData\Local\....
(Note The folder can be in ...\AppData\Roaming\... depending on your Windows environment)
Royal Render includes a script to simulate all objects in a scene.
It is a "simulation only" job and not a pre-render script. No images will be rendered.
Submitting a Simulation:
- Please choose any of the "Submit Scene" function from the RRender menu in 3dsmax.
- The rrSubmitter opens.
- In case you have multiple layers in the table, please check the first one only.
- Change the renderer at the bottom to "PhoenixFD".
- As Royal Render does not check the output of the simulation, you should assign it to render farm clients that will not be aborted by artists or for other jobs.